Thursday 7 June 2012

Idlli

While travelling I love to eat something less cumbersome, like idllies. I’m not South Indian, but I’m sure many will agree that South Indian food mainly like, Dosa, Idlli, Uttapam appeals to our taste buds.
My husband, being a North Indian  loves South Indian food so much that he specially ordered the required utensils from his colleagues who are from South India(like the idly maker and specific tawa for making dosa). My husband’s passion is food, and it is him who first made an attempt preparing this at home.
Preparing idlli is very easy. Buy the ready to mix packs and just follow the instructions on the back. Here in this photo, if you look carefully you’ll notice some innovative move from my husband. He mixed the plain batter with some special ingredients which gives a different flavour to the plain idlli. And my husband also serves different chutnies with this. No, not a plain, dull, coconut chutni.  We get to relish his special coloured coconut chutni (all mixed up with ingredients to get different colours like green or red). Trust me, the more colourful, the more appealing it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment