Saturday 21 July 2012

Curries

"Curries" is a multicuisine restaurent set up in the year 2005. It won the Best North Indian Food Award given by the Times Group (2008). It also won the best Non-Veg Restaurent Award by CNN/CNBC/1BN7 (2009). They have three branches and later on extended into the "Tryst" (Lounge) and "Brownies" (Bakery). I went there for the first time in the year 2011, when I was going through an operation (Laproscopic Cholecystectomy) that my parents came to see me through this...and ofcourse to take care of my baby. Mostly they were stuck with me during their entire stay period of 2 weeks. So the day before their departure ...I insisted that we should go out for a dinner. So I remembered that once in ETV(Gujrati), Rasoi Show, I noticed a coverage on the restaurent called "Curries" and the people who were eating there, were of the opinion that their speciallity is North-Indian Food. So even I decided to stick by it. I ordered parathas with paneer special. Then I asked the person who was attending us, "what do you suggest?" and he replied "Sizzlers" so I said "OK". Then we had to wait a while, before the food could be served. Now the report card - well the ambience is good, staff is good, food is good but honestly that is not good enough for me. See, when you are shelling out a sum and going to a reputed place, these things are usually going to be rated as good. But what I look forward to is definitely something hatke...which will make me remember you and even refer...that something hatke was missing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment