Tuesday 30 October 2012

Chuski

If you are a street food lover and you are always on the look out for something unhealthy yet tasty then, this is one of the many, that you'll find on the streets of India.
How many of you know about "Chuski"? I didn't, till I met my husband, yes I had my first Chuski with my husband on the streets of New Delhi.
Chuski is nothing but "Ice gola"..solid ice crushed and then shaped with a stick in a glass then liquid juice is poured on top with some masala and is served to you. Now why the name "Chuski"...I think, it is because, isse chuss chuss ke hi khana hota hain...chusna in English means sucking ..you need to close your lips on the ice and suck the liquid out of it.
It is available in many flavours like Orange, Mango, Rose, Khus and my favourite Kala Khatta. Whenever I go to New Delhi, still I stop by, to taste my lipsmacking Kala Khatta.

No comments:

Post a Comment